Sandakan, Borneo Climate & Temperature
- Sandakan, Borneo, Malaysia is at 5°54'N, 118°3'E, 13 m (43 ft). See map.
- Sandakan, Borneo has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Sandakan, Borneo is situated in or near the tropical moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 27 degrees Celsius (80.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 1.5 °C (2.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 3010.1 mm (118.5 inches) which is equivalent to 3010.1 Litres/m² (73.83 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2448 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Sandakan, Borneo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Manaus, Brazil where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate (Tropical dry forest biome).
Sandakan, Borneo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Sandakan, Borneo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Sandakan, Borneo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Sandakan, Borneo, Malaysia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia - 223.1 kms (138.6 miles) W
- Labuan, Malaysia - 318.8 kms (198.1 miles) WSW
- Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam - 363.1 kms (225.6 miles) WSW
- Miri, Malaysia - 484.6 kms (301.1 miles) WSW
- Tawau, Malaysia - 182.7 kms (113.6 miles) S
- Bintulu, Malaysia - 633.5 kms (393.7 miles) WSW
- Sibu, Malaysia - 796.9 kms (495.2 miles) WSW
- Kuching, Malaysia - 988.5 kms (614.3 miles) WSW
- Balikpapan, Borneo, Indonesia - 807.4 kms (501.7 miles) S
- Tacloban City, Philippines - 967.2 kms (601 miles) NE
- Iloilo, Philippines - 727.2 kms (451.9 miles) NE
- Mactan, Philippines - 815.7 kms (506.9 miles) NE
- Surigao, Mindanao, Philippines - 924.4 kms (574.5 miles) ENE
- Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines - 434.4 kms (269.9 miles) N
- Zamboanga City, Philippines - 455.9 kms (283.3 miles) ENE
- Zamboanga, Mindanao, Philippines - 455.8 kms (283.2 miles) ENE
- Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia - 896 kms (556.8 miles) ESE